SKN theory course
Swiss parliament has decided that as per 1.1.2017 the obligatory SKN courses will be discontinued.
I feel this is a regressive step. In my opinion both the future owners but also the future dogs profited from people having some basic knowledge and hands-on advice when the dog joined its humans. The feedback to my courses was always very appreciative. I continue to offer these theory courses on a voluntary basis. The course will take place at your home. Please contact me via phone or email for further information.
The following will be covered:
- the origins of the modern dog
- the dog‘s senses
- canine communication and body language
- canine „normal“ behaviour
- breed specific information
- what breed and/or energy level dog would suit me/us?
- your dog’s needs
- your duties (who? when? what? walks? trainings? laws?)
- health and diet
- tools & equipment
- holiday solutions
- how to bring a dog into your house and family – the first day(s)
- basic dog training theory
The goal of the course is to raise awareness and a general understanding of a dog’s needs, therewith enabling owners to plan and act appropriately. This course provides participants with useful information before getting a dog. It will prevent having to pay for "beginners' mistakes" that were solely made due to lack of knowledge.